Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Serendipity

Do you believe that some people come into our life for a purpose to help us and once that is done and dusted they vanish out? I believe that. May be it also tells that I am not that good in keeping a relationships! But anyways, I remember in my college life, I was the pampered second kid. Though I stayed in hostel during college, my parents where just 3 hours away. So most of the weekends i would be home or if I am stuck because of exams, they will be visiting at my hostel.
But it all changed when my dad got retired at the mid of my graduation. Considering all plus and minus, they decided to shift the base to Chennai. Now I still had almost 2 yrs of college studies left. But they shifted and I was left with traveling home only for extended holidays or at the semester end. Even that travel is increased from a mere 3 hours to 10-12 hrs! In college always you form your circle of friends as per your home town. I was a small village background girl and all my friends also belonged to the same background. But after this shift of my parents, I have now become a Big city gal. Though it brought any change to my friends, I basically didn't had anyone to travel with. I usually ended up traveling to my aunts place in Coimbatore and pick the train from there.
But all these traveling were very new and scary too. As a village gal, the train and the new city was very intimidating. That's when I got introduced to my cousin. Actually his mom and my dad are cousins, so that will make us 2nd or 3rd cousins. He was the Big city boy, who had come to a smaller city for studies. I had met him once when he came to our place once during his admission, but now I saw him more regularly. Since our holidays matched, we ended up traveling together. As train travel goes, we usually sit up chatting for hours just to kill the time. That's the time we discussed up all things. He was like a eye opener. He actually helped me grow up. He was never a authoritative one asking me to follow, but he inspired me to follow. He introduced me to lot of new ideologies, new books, new authors and whole new outlook. I think he never truly knew how much he had influenced me.
From a village gal who never questioned anything and who took things as granted, I know became a matured person. He basically made be prepared for the city life and I am always thankful to him for that. By making fun and gentle nudging he made me less fearful of traveling alone. He made me realize the choices that I have which I never knew before, he increase my horizons. But unfortunately he was senior to me and he completed his graduation before mine. Though we traveled for 3 or 4 times together, he had such a big impact on me. After that life happened and we never kept in touch with each other. That time even e-mails/laptop were not that common. Now thru our common relatives I know where he is and how he is doing, but we don't have any thing common now. He was there in my life, just to teach to grow up and that's the only common thing and nothing more. This happened almost 15 yrs back, but still the lessons are afresh in my mind and that s the impact of his.
Isn't not amazing how life gets us together, just for one purpose.

No comments: