Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Exam Time

Its exam time and it feels like I am the one who is back in school. I get the same kind of fluttering in my stomach, sleep will be some non existent entity. When one enters the school compound, there is that clench in the stomach and it would feel like empting itself. The school will have a eerie feel to it and there will be so much silence without anyone supervising. Then the eyes would be searching for anything familiar to ward of this tension and then it meets up with your friends. You see the same kind of tension and excitement and before I utter a word I will hear the same thoughts & sentiments from my friends mouth. That feeling that I am not alone in this boat, will be an immediate stress buster. Someone in the gang will ask about some topic and all would start pouring in the answers for the same. That will prove that each one has some holes in their preparation. This would happen for each of the exam days treating each day as an important day.

But rewind to now, I see my kids walk out with not a ounce of tension. They have all the confidence that the world is at their feet. They feel that these exams doesn't validate them. It just something they have to get thru for their parents sake. As such they know that they are very smart and if needed they will finish the exams with flying colors. If some color got smudged, that also no issue, because they are not compelled to cover all colors at all time. They go with that level of confidence.

But in the process they are so confident that as far as studies is concerned they have become a loner. There are no comparisons with friends neither is that they seek comfort from friends, at least not as far as studies is concerned, though all sorts of comparisons happens for 'who has what' contests. They basically miss out on the togetherness they could have with their friends.

May be when they go to higher class and when they actually start feeling the pressure it might change. Though I wouldn't wish that they be pressurized, but I certainly want them to have their own circle of friends with whom they feel that togetherness that I felt.

The world is a boring place to live with just your parents or your partner in crime, everyone needs a circle of people with whom they connect just to say feel that I am not alone I have fair share of people around who are like me. Similarly like  https://housing.com/ which strive to create a place which creates amazing memories.

No comments: