Saturday, January 31, 2015

Second Chance

My fathers family is a huge one and the best part is that my dad has ensured that his family never lost touch with each other. Even now at all of them at an age of 60+ I see them being there for each other during good or bad. And this is not only among themselves they have also encouraged we kids to be the same. This communication was never limited by distance or time. I remember when we were in school though we used to be in some xyz village, all my dad's family used to visit us in turns along with their respective family and when we visit Chennai during summer hols it was like 2 days in each of their homes. Some of my best childhood memories were with my cousins.
But when I see my kids now, I feel they are more disconnected, not only with their cousins but even with any of their friends. So if given a choice below would be things what I want for them

1. Summer vacations with their cousins. Right now they are not able to do that since all them have different vacation times.

2. Simple pleasure of water games with their friends. In my childhood we used to just fill the laundry area with water and play with no gender difference. Now my 5 yrs son is shocked if I ask him to play with his sisters friends stating 'How can I play with girls'

3. Simple pleasure of climbing up trees and passing time. My best time in school days were sitting in trees and enjoying the fruits.

4. Loads of time in beach, with no worries of getting cold or anything.

5. Whiling away their time in doing nothing.

Kids grow up fast and that too in this time they literally mature by the age of 5. My son protests saying how can I touch his private parts. I want them to enjoy and make memories about their childhood and innocence no matter how short it is.
This post is a part of the #SecondChance activity at BlogAdda in association with MaxLife Insurance

No comments: