Thursday, January 29, 2015

Social Media

Every once in a while I see articles in paper which claim that social media puts pressure on people. That time i never stressed on that fact. But recently I faced it. You know how people always post pic in which they are smiling or you always post something when some nice thing have happened, like birthday party pics or holiday pics or wishes messages.

Though we know that social media is a place where people cant cry in public so they always bask in the glory of some nice happenings. But still... when I see these postings, when my life in real is going hay wire.. going thru these posting makes my misery more. I immediately judge that only my life is screwed where as everyone else are all bed of roses! May be this is my human nature, to be jealous of others joy when i have none.

This is because social media is not a place where one to one talks happen, its more like a news paper where you get the other person personal life news. But we who are always involved in one to one communications prior, fail to relate to.

If I state the same in a tee-e-tee with friends I would actually get honest answers which will state that I alone is not the one having miserable life, I have company and that tomorrow this might change to all bed of roses. But this message one can never get in social media, though that person is your friend or best pal, what she/he is posting is for a public audience, and which might not be true state of hers in reality.

Just because that is the only window we have of the other persons life it doesn't mean that that's the one window. That truth should always be there before you socialize in social media!

No comments: