Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Home My Style

How will I decorate my home? Why does this sounds like a trick question... When we got into our first apartment, I was a new bride. I never gave thought of the 'Home decorating style', just kept unpacking and arranging things as per the utility of it, like 'various dhaba's go into kitchen', 'crockery into the new shiny showcase', assorted items placed at assorted places as per their size and height. That time I didn't had a clue of 'Home designing'
So next kids came, all the 'Fragile' things either were locked in cupboards or placed at higher altitudes!
Now, kids are bit grown up, but still you know that accidents are always a possibilities. Also I somehow go for this which are not just some eye candy but which have some usage.
Now if I want to redecorate my house, right this instant, my style would be 'eclectic'. I have some collection of old entertainment things like gramophone, electric gramophone, hookahs
I would certainly add these cushions
http://www.makemyhome.com/bestofhomedecor/jeel-koko-maison-inc-foil-printed-cushion-cover-3799.html its bright and gives a regal look and also since my sofa is a functional one in dull brown color this would go along splendidly
The next item I would use is these
http://www.makemyhome.com/bestofhomedecor/the-yellow-door-round-oil-burner.html
Right lights always have that ability to make a place romantic..wont u say?
Last piece I would like is this wall clock http://www.makemyhome.com/bestofhomedecor/marwar-stores-painted-peacock-wall-clock-design-1.html. They are very artistic and can be safe from 'accidents'!
With kids one has to always think about the may-be-accidents before any purchases. I know there are lots of kids who are well behaved, but I am yet to encounter and definitely mine are not in that category!

If done mine will look something like this with the above items placed accordingly...
http://bestlivingroomdesign.com/eclectic-living-room-design.html/simple-eclectic-living-room-design
This post is a part of Makemyhome activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments: