Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Last 10 Weeks

Most of the items in the checklist is stroked out.. Got a brown/yellow checked stroller last weekend. So that covers all the major things for kutti... So with just 10 more weeks to go.. we are even attending the delivery class this month...the stage is all set for her arrival!
Last week hubs mom was telling that as per custom the baby cant wear anything new for the 1st week!! She is planning to get the used cloth of hubs sister's son!! I don't like the idea..not a bit. When kutti comes it will be mid autumn and I am pretty much sure a colder climate.. In that I can imagine kutti in a thin cotton dress.. But who can I express my dislike too.. We already have got her some cute onsies and all...but now I have to see her in some worn out clothes :( But my sis gave an idea that u can wear the old cloth and then the new one on top of it!!! But why old clothes...I dont like it at all...even though its gonna be for 1 week only...
Till now when I made a decision about my marriage, I all went with hubs side customs.. from the way diya is lighted to everything.. I wasn't a big deal for me. for one i didn't fully known my customs..though it sound pathetic, but when i was with my parents.. mom used to do elaborate puja n customs, which i just followed. I didn't sit n learn it. So once married and with my mom not there to tell me.. I just had hubs mom's guidance.. Though some of it where bizarre and different, it didn't matter to me. I know that hubs mom doesn't have high opinion of me n its still a very fragile link with only hubs as a binding string. So all the complaints were received with closed ears , closed mind and a vague smile. But the question arises now is that would I be able to hold the same stance now also...
Its a vague feeling...its just that I am scared that my voice wont be heard w.r.t. my kid's life :( I don't know for sure whether this fear will become reality or not... may be i am overreacting or may be prego hormones are causing all this... But its there.. would I blow up, would I regret about it n all stuffs are there.. For now its just a wait n watch phase.

1 comment:

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Tough call, yes: but the best person to talk to would be your husband himself. Customs and all are ok, but if you as a mother are not going to be satisfied with how your child is brought up then nobody else has any rights whatsoever to say a thing. Don't worry --- it will all be fine.